Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wrong seat, wrong row or

KRASNAYA POLAYNA, Russia - Two hundred metres into the race, Brian McKeever was suddenly on his backside and it appeared his ninth career Paralympic gold medal was slipping away. But he wasnt letting it go without a fight and the Canmore, Alta., cross-country skier, led by guide Graham Nishikawa of Whitehorse, caught up to the pack to win the mens visually impaired sprint at the Sochi Paralympics on Wednesday. Its McKeevers second gold of the 2014 Games and the 12th medal of his illustrious Paralympic career. The 34-year-old also won gold in the 20-kilometre event on Monday. The two Canadians easily advanced to the final where a Russian skier stepped on McKeevers pole, causing him to crash around the 200-metre mark of the one-kilometre race. But McKeever scrambled to his feet and, with the help of Nishikawa, caught up to the rest of the pack. "It wouldnt be right for me to tell you what I said in my head, but once the cuss words were out, the only thing you can do is get back up and race," said McKeever. "I thought we were clear, but that is normal and it happens in sprinting when you are all fighting and tight. Everyone is going flat out. It is intense and everyone is at their limit. We are just fortunate it happened in the first 200 metres and not at the end so we had time to catch up." Meanwhile, alpine sit-skier Kimberly Joines of Rossland, B.C., finished second in the womens slalom although the results are still unofficial after a German skier appealed her disqualification from the first run. A decision is expected Thursday morning. Not including a medal for Joines, Canada has eight medals (two gold, two silver, four bronze) and sits third in the overall tally. Russia has a wide lead with 47 total medals while Ukraine is second with 14. Canadas goal is to finish in the top three in gold medals but is currently in fourth with McKeevers two. Ukraine is third with three while Germany is second with five and Russia leads with 16. Nishikawa admitted he felt a rush of panic when he saw McKeever go down. "It wasnt until we got back up around the Russians and had the Swedes in sight that I felt a huge relief," he said. McKeever credited Nishikawa with getting him the gold. "The snow was so heavy today," he said. "He basically towed me up that hill and ... and gave us a chance. It is not how we planned things, but that was a pretty awesome day." Swedens Zebastian Modin hung on for the silver medal, while Russias Oleg Ponomarev won bronze. Earlier this week, Nishikawa shared guiding duties with Erik Carleton to lead McKeever to his first gold of the 2014 Games. But Carletons name was on the start list so he was the only one to receive a gold medal. Nishikawas performance Wednesday has earned him a gold of his own. "It feels absolutely awesome," said Nishikawa, who races on the able-bodied World Cup circuit. "I said earlier this is a whole new world for me. Im so impressed by everything. This whole experience has been amazing and I just wanted to do whatever I could to be here and help Brian. We have been friends for a long time so this is very special." A handful of other Canadians also competed in the sprint races. Chris Klebl of Canmore qualified for the mens sit-skiing heats but did not advance to the final. Robbi Weldon of Thunder Bay, Ont., along with her guide Phil Wood of Canmore had their day come to an end in the semifinals of the womens visually impaired category, while Paralympic rookie Brittany Hudak of Prince Albert, Sask., did not advance past the womens standing semifinals. In curling, Canada improved to 6-1 and clinched a spot in the semifinals with a 10-4 victory over South Korea. Thurman Munson Jersey .Chanathip Songkrasin opened the scoring in the sixth minute before Kroekrit found the target twice in the 57th and four minutes from fulltime.Vietnam and Malaysia play their second leg on Thursday. Vietnam won the first leg 2-1. Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey .com) - Charlie Davies netted a pair of goals, including the series-winner on Saturday, as the New England Revolution battled the New York Red Bulls to a 2-2 draw in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship at Gillette Stadium and advanced to MLS Cup final via a thrilling 4-3 aggregate victory. http://www.baseballyankeesonline.us/blac...ns-jersey/ . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. C.C. Sabathia Yankees Jersey .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Masahiro Tanaka Jersey . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break.Lets start with hoping that the Rogers Centre roof will be invisible the next time the Blue Jays take the field, horrible washed-out shade of green carpet that it is. The turf is scheduled to give way to actual grass that is bright green, so we dont have to complain any more—we just have to wait a few years. Instead, do feel free to complain if the roof is closed for any reason other than to allow a game to be played. After (or during?) the winter of 2013-14, it might tempt fate to declare that it will no longer be too cold to watch baseball outdoors, but it wont. Not a week from now. Close the roof only if you must, not as you wish, Rogers Centre Roof Department. Baseball fans will love you for it. They dont mind bringing jackets. The next policy that has to change involves the selling of beer. I received an e-mail from a disgruntled husband who wanted to share a can of beer with his wife and asked for a glass for that purpose. He was told that wouldnt be possible. He could have the beer in a can, or the beer in a glass, but not both. It gets sillier. At the home opener, my friend Neil stepped into the aisle and down a few rows to hail a vendor and to ask for two cans of beer—WE dont share—and he was told he could buy just one beer. But he wanted two, one for himself and one for his friend Dave sitting a few rows up. Sorry, he was told—he had two choices. He could tell me to get my own beer, or he could bring the one he was allowed to buy to me and return to buy a second one in a separate transaction. He even reasoned that he should be able to buy a second beer and give it to a stranger sitting nearest these negotiations, but the vendor was too savvy. He realized that the gifted beer would quickly make it back to Neils hand and then to mine, and the beer salesman wasnt about to be fooled that easily. Suffice it to say I got my beer, and I didnt spill it when I stood up to do the wave. Thats because I didnt stand up to do the wave. I woould like to propose a rule for the wave and add it to my rules for the roof and the beer.dddddddddddd The wave is permissible once per game. When the crowd is asked to stand for the anthems, it may do so section by section and remain standing, to sing and to congratulate itself for doing the wave in advance of the game, but never during it. There should be other rules for fan behaviour. A fan is allowed to heckle a player only if that player has a remote chance of hearing the humourless yell. Theres something empty and mindless about trash talk that only one person thinks is funny and is heard only by people to whom it is not directed. A fan is allowed to be in the wrong seat, wrong row or wrong section if he or she has actually looked twice at the ticket or has even thought about asking for help. Poor eyesight or a careless usher can then be blamed. But guessing at the proper location doesnt work very well. A fan is allowed to act and talk like a baseball expert if he or she can pass the simple test of knowing that its not correct to yell "Balk!" when the pitcher wheels and fakes a throw to second base instead of delivering the ball to the plate. Heres the opposite of that. A guy sitting behind me was trying to impress his female companion with his baseball knowledge and he invited her to ask him to explain anything she might not understand. As the game was about to begin, she wanted to know how they decide which team bats first. There was a long, uncomfortable pause before her friend guessed at the answer—he reasoned that they probably flip a coin. I sincerely hoped she wouldnt ask him why the roof was closed, or why he couldnt bring her back a beer when he left to get one for himself. If any of this resonates with you, pass it on. But please…..not like a wave.  “Up on the Roof”—James Taylor“Beer Drinkers and Hellraisers”—ZZ Top“Wave Babies”—Honeymoon Suite Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '